Changing parameters speeds over time in timeline.

Will

Hi, does anyone know how to change the rate at which a synthesized image or shapes either "Quick Synth Item" or "Oscillators, Modulators, Effects" dynamically on a timeline? What I am trying to do is have an effect (color/rotation/wave) running at a low rate of change and then speed it up as the music speeds up over a 2-3 minute period.... I can't seem to be able to work out how to do it... any help appreciated!

Curious about this as well. Additionally, would this possible in quickshow as well?

I think what you're looking for can be achieved using channels. Add a channel effect (Key effect > Special > Channel value) and stretch it across your timeline where you want the other effect to be sped up. Then add 2 keys to the channel value effect, one at the start and one at the end. Leave the "From Channel" and "To Channel" values for each set to the default of 1. Then set the first key's "Channel value (%)" to 0, and the end key's value to 100.

Now we can use this channel value (which increases from 0 to 100 over the duration) to affect another effect. For example, you could add a "Oscillating effect - X to Y wave", then make it speed up over time. Add the effect, then click the little green icon to the right of Speed. Choose "BEYOND Channel", leave it at 1 (because we used channel 1 before), and set the value range at the bottom from 0 to 200. Now when you run it, the wave will speed up from 0 to 200 over the duration.

Hi, does anyone know how to change the rate at which a synthesized image or shapes either "Quick Synth Item" or "Oscillators, Modulators, Effects" dynamically on a timeline? What I am trying to do is have an effect (color/rotation/wave) running at a low rate of change and then speed it up as the music speeds up over a 2-3 minute period.... I can't seem to be able to work out how to do it... any help appreciated!
Use key effects.. there are equivilents of every effect with the exception of the color and brightness effects..
While you can Adjust the speed or even directly drive the brightness/color effects using a beyond channel... it can conflict with other shows if you use this method a lot (or with live control setups.
Curious about this as well. Additionally, would this possible in quickshow as well?
No sorry, advanced control requires more advanced software.. upgrade to beyond.

Back