Wireless ILDA connection

Not recommended.
While on the QM you have frames stored in memory, with the FB3 you have your frames streamed and it constantly needs to be updated or the software will lose track of the FB3 or you have a flickering output or other issues.
It's also not very safe and reliable.

Nevertheless its possible in 2 ways
1. Download and buy one of the USB over ethernet programs (not all will work and I do not recommend it)
2. Get a startech usb 2.0 over ethernet. Connect the FB3 to this. Connect the startech usb ethernet extender to a wireless router and connect to the wireless router with your pc (also not recommended)

If you exercise Pieter's second recommendation, you will need to use the Ethernet version of Startech. These are a bit more expensive, but they do exist...

Of course the best solution for this is to use our new FB4. That works with both QS and BEYOND and we've tested it on Wireless networks.

Pangolin never actually recommends the use of a wireless network, but we realize that our users do this anyway. FB4 represents the best and safest way we've ever seen for use with wireless networks.

remote

hi what I do is a laptop backstage connected to fb3 then via remote desktop a laptop in tech booth (via router in tech booth with wifi) then when on setup I use a tablet with remote desktop to control my alignment from the floor. I use wireless just for setup then run via cat but also in case issue have tablet so can run out on the fly if issue.

First you need to buy the stuff consisting of a cable modem, a wireless router, and wireless cards for your computers. Once those are all setup, the rest is simple. Put you install cds in the computers with the wireless cards and the rest is done by the computer.

I have seen a number of threads similar to this about wireless networking and thought this one fit my scenario the best.

I run a ubiquiti Ethernet bridge and it has done amazing with the FB4 units I own. I also have four FB3’s. I purchased a USB over IP unit from “cool drives” AnyplaceUSB-S4. It has a max data transfer rate of 480mbps.

With the FB4, units over the wireless bridge, there is no jitter, flicker, or control latency. When the FB3 are connected with the USB over IP device, there is no control latency, but there is a flicker every few seconds where it seems to have a drop in the connection from Beyond to the FB3.

Further, when taking the USB over IP unit off of the wireless bridge and connecting the Ethernet direct to the show laptop, the flicker is still there but just not as pronounced.

My questions are as follows:
1. Could it be due to the 480mbps transfer max on the USB over IP that is causing this flicker/loss of consistent connection?
2. Is is the limitation of the FB3 units as USB2.0 components?
3. If a gigabit usb over ip device was used, is it possible it would eliminate this flicker?

i have done research into the digi and startech brands but have not made the final decision to make it happen yet.

I realize 100% that the FB4 is the best way to go, but honestly I am not trying to part ways with any of my control units quite yet. I have to build more capital to not only replace the FB3 but the units as well. Afterall, why would I double my price per unit going from FB3 to FB4 and still have to deal with an external unit vs waiting and upgrading to units with internal FB4s.

Any experience, direction, and suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

Back