Artnet & RDM talkingto martin M-PC console

zerowaitstate

im trying to communicate with beyond 3.0 essential from my lighting software (Marting M-PC), ive had plenty of experience dealing old school dmx with traditional fixtures, but this is my 1st time planing with artnet and RDM.

as both beyond and M-series is running on the same PC am i able to have them talk.... effectively having beyond act as a fixture ?? controlling two FB3's

or does this require each projector to have an FB4 connected to be seen as a fixture ?

i see martin has a FB3 and LD2000 fixture profiles do i need to roll my own FB4 fixture or is this now an RDM thing?

Beyond has 3 dmx modes. 1 "as fb3 alike" and 2 much more advanced dmx modes.
The fixture library of m-pc shows that there is a fixture called "Flashback 3 SE".
That profile you can already use to control BEYOND.

in BEYOND
- open settings >> DMX/Art-net settings
- on the connection tab, right-click in the input section, on Universe 1 >> art-net.
- change the universe to the one defined in M-PC.
In the same DMX/Art-net settings window, go to the tab "input Option"
- Enable, "FB3-style DMX in control" and you will be able to set the dmx start address where it will listen to, and modify the "dmx fixture" to make it your own.

im trying to communicate with beyond 3.0 essential from my lighting software (Marting M-PC), ive had plenty of experience dealing old school dmx with traditional fixtures, but this is my 1st time planing with artnet and RDM.

as both beyond and M-series is running on the same PC am i able to have them talk.... effectively having beyond act as a fixture ?? controlling two FB3's

or does this require each projector to have an FB4 connected to be seen as a fixture ?

i see martin has a FB3 and LD2000 fixture profiles do i need to roll my own FB4 fixture or is this now an RDM thing?
Did you have any luck getting this to work with both programs running on the same PC?

I've got Chamsys MagicQ to talk to Beyond on the same PC by setting up an artnet out universe in MagicQ and setting up the same universe in on Beyond. Not sure if this method will work for M-PC though as I never used it.

One good thing with Chamsys is that the free PC version fully works with artnet for free. Although learning a lighting desk is another matter entirely for me........

Did you have any luck getting this to work with both programs running on the same PC?
I got both Apps visible to each other, using the FB3 profile. but haven't been able to to get DMX values to change, The PC im using is sitting on Wifi with no LAN cable plugged to the router. I need to fiddle with a little more to get sorted

I have seen various applications that make art-net only working on the 2.x.x.x range. Which IP's are you using?

I was talking to Francesco at ILDA conference, looking at 4.0 features, i believe he said the Artnet stuff didnt kick into action until Advanced is play ( i could be wrong that was a few week back and there was a lot going on)

Hey guys, I'm trying really hard to get this working and this is as far as I've gotten.

As you can see in the video, I have the fixture profile loaded inside M-PC, I have everything addressed correctly
I can see activity in the Beyond DMX monitor
I have DMX IN activated in the menu bar.

But none of the controls are changing inside Beyond, no matter what I do!

Any advice?

can you try a 16 channel locate?

Code:
 1 = 255
 2 = 0
 3 = 33
 4 = 0
 5 = 100
 6 = 100
 7 = 64
 8 = 64
 9 = 0