Wireless networking?

Bob

Using Beyond and FB4s has anybody done wireless networking. Like outdoor stadiums or building to building.

Due to health and safety aspects of current venues I don't think this is currently a viable options. It is possible but more work then it needs to be

When it comes to network, I always recommend to find local professional company that sell, install, support and solve questions like that. Not a hobby guy, not a friend, find a pro. Pangolin use standard network protocols, and there is huge palette of network equipment. There is wireless network bridges with 2 Gigabit speed, and less than 1ms lag, and 20Km distance. Point is - find professional who can take care and guarantee results. And - take into account, WIFI is not what you are looking for. Plus, make sure that this is legal in your country. Many countries has regulations for using air, and lasers.

I'm looking into some solutions for this as well. Any vendors or products that Pangolin supports? Geffen? Ubiquity? Cisco?

Personally I would try Ubiquity. Officially we do not support Wireless at all, but I know people are running on Ubiquity network bridges.

I tried it with Ubiquity nanostation loco M5. Works pretty good. But I don't recommend it to run shows, not as reliable obviously.

Security is a factor. In many countries, you must have a emergency button to cut off the power to the lasers, something which is a lot harder to do with wireless.

We have developed an IP based e-stop system that runs on the same link as the lasers that I can tell about for those who are interested. Runs on a cabled network, but should in theory work with wireless as well.

Back