Kinect v2 not working on win 10 as of March 2018

Got out my Kinect v2 cause I finally had time to play .And couldn't get it to work .Tried it on 3 different Win 10 machines with no luck .Remembered seeing some at our local pawn shop .So bought the whole pile for $12.00 . None of them work either . Finally downloaded a kinect configuration verifier from Microsoft and ran it on alo 3 machens and it agreed that all 3 have usb controller problems and that the usb ports may not be compatible with my hardware . and a link for system requirements that was 404 .Also it said the software isn't installed .It worked fine last summer . After reinstalling the drivers , no difference .Beyond has the icon that indicates the drivers are ok. But it can no longer see the sensor on the usb port . I searched and found a post showing a registry change to LowerFilters string but that value doesn't exist in my machines . That was from microsoft dated June 21 2017 and admitted they had a problem and they were working on it . From what I read on a foram the Creators update screwed up the usb driver but deleting the value I haven't got on any of my computers will temporarily fix it . The entry had a name of AiChargerPlus so apparently is for usb cellphone support .And I have noticed my cell phone going dead and then shutting down to recharge while its plugged in to my laptop with the usb power options set to always on .So they never got that working right either . Any light you can shed on this will be appreciated .

ou need a Kinect V1 (xbox 360 model) with dev kit 1.8 to work with BEYOND. Kinect V2 is not supported by us.
It has been resolved , The equipment worked fine before the Microsoft creators update for win 10 but after that the drivers no longer saw the usb device . The Sdk and drivers have to be uninstalled and re installed using the windows compatibility mode for windows 7 to make them work again . Microsoft admitted they made a mistake in the usb drivers on the creatures up date and posted a notice to modify a couple registry values but after checking 3 of my win 10 machines none of those even had the entry they mentioned and adding the correct entry didn't have any effect , The kenex just can't be seen after the update unless you re install everything in compatibility mode for 7 . Even microsoft's kenex configuration utility says there is a problem in the usb driver but suggests that the usb controller is incompatible with the camera . Evan after i used it for a year fine before the update. I read that the update was released before it was done sk it wasn't behind the official release schedule and blocked it on my machines till people in the group said Beyond worked ok on it . But I guess they hadn;t checked the cameras on it .The value microsoft wanted changed in the registry looked like it was for usb battery charging support and I have had my phone go dead while it's plugged in to the computer and all usb power options are set to always on so I think microsoft still has problems to fix on the usb driver maybe they should try a fb3 on it before they say it's done next time so they don't shut down all those too. :) Thanks for your post and I will dig up my info and repost it on the main site again cause I guess no one read my fix or no one is using the old cameras yet .

Last edited:
And spell check keeps changing the word Creators to creatures after I hit enter . Last week google spell corrected an address and sent me to an industrial district on the wrong side of the river in Toledo using my ex wife's street address out of my google address book . It changed moresy street to moriss and lucky was only a mile off but ended in a bad neighborhood . And spell check can't even fix 4 letter words any more but it changes addresses in you gps now . Yes they are dumbing down the machines too . :)

Hi bruce,
Do I understand correctly that the kinect v2 works now right with Win10 ? And in Beyond ? It was only the driver error ?

Yes the creators update messed up the usb2 drivers but deleting the whole xbox package and reinstalling it all using windows compatibility mode fixes it for now at least . Microsoft admitted they goofed and caused a problem quite some time ago but I doubt if they will ever fix it . :)

THis is a cloud based device which requires to connect to the microsoft servers. This means that you must use an internet connection.
This requirement makes it useless for most setups, so i highly doubt it will be supported in the future.

Maybe another similar device, but i highly doubt the Azure Kinect.

Back