Unity3D to FB4?

Novy-San

Hello! Currently we're rendering in Unity3D, using Spout to connect its video outstream to a custom openFrameworks sketch which traces contours and outputs that to an Etherdream which sends ILDA into the laser.

We just purchased a Clubmax with an FB4 and we need to eventually run 4 Clubmax's. If my 4 clubmaxes each have an FB4, I shouldn't then need the Etherdreams, correct? Is the FB4 an actual DAC? I see I can send OSC and ArtNet directly but are there any other protocols the FB4 "speaks?"

Hi, Novy-San!
You're right! With FB4 in each of your Clubmax there is no need for Etherdreams.
If you have a Beynod program, you can work with the OSC, ArtNet, sACN, CITP, MIDI protocols.

We're building a prototype volumetric 3D display that's a hybrid of video and laser projection. So essentially there are 2 render pipelines out of Unity, the high-detail video which is sent to a projector array and then a second video stream which is traced and sent to the laser array. The system displays scientific data and is fully interactive so nothing can be pre-computed or "canned," hence the need for Unity.

Does the FB4 have a native protocol I could write to it directly from openFrameworks?

"...write to it directly from openFrameworks"
Oh, no! I think this is unacceptable, at least for laser safety reasons.
Why you don't think about Spout and tracing inside Beyond?

Ah, so Beyond can accept a Spout, do the tracing, and then output directly to the FBs?

Unity >> Spout >> Beyond >> FB4?

Back