with FB4 content pack workspace How to manage categories

zerowaitstate

When i am running the FB4 contnet pack the content shows up in all categories on the left hand side in beyond.

How do i limit where the page shows IE DMX category should not show and show category would only show page with shows in the cue

Thanks in advance

simples final / simples texture final/ simples lined points / simples point final etc .... show up in all categories, Graphics, Beams Shows, DMX, user defined

Hi, Zerowaitstate!
If you use Virtual LJ to run cues, you can copy the necessary cues to one page and enable the "Only trigger cues on initiated page" option.
upload_2020-8-27_21-17-28.png

Or you can set the "Ignore this cue in VLJ" checkbox in the cue properties.
But this will have to be done for all the cues that should not be played
upload_2020-8-27_21-21-11.png

sorry there is a misunderstanding my question is that the content of the content pack shows up in every category. as my licence is out on site i cant launch beyond and take snips to demonstrate. but each category on the left, no matter which is selected shows the full range of the content pack

ok so i have 3 sample of old format where categories are working as expected, and 3 samples that show content pack showing up in every category, hopefully this will clarify where my problem lies.

any advice on how to block content pack from showing up in unexpected category appreciated.

Attachments

• Beyond Category old ok 1.JPG
    Beyond Category old ok 1.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Beyond Category old ok 2.JPG
    Beyond Category old ok 2.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Beyond Category old ok 3.JPG
    Beyond Category old ok 3.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Beyond content pack category fail 1.JPG
    Beyond content pack category fail 1.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Beyond content pack category fail 2.JPG
    Beyond content pack category fail 2.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Beyond content pack category fail 3.JPG
    Beyond content pack category fail 3.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 6
Most likely, you need to adjust this in the page Properties.
Replace "Show in all categories" with the category you need

upload_2020-9-21_0-32-58.png

Ok so i must be on my thck n slow tablets today .... can you help me remove the unwanted page categories such as Show in all categories, Shows, DMX and user defined so the the pages ONLY shows up in the desired page categories selecting a category and hiting delete does not work IE i would like a shows category that does not show all pages but only the page i want with show cues in it

Ok finally figured this out >> Categories rely on a page being created weather it has cues or not. This page then can be assigned to the appropriate category desired . If a category exists with no pages assigned to it , it will show all the pages as this is the default at the top of the list, (where you select which category you wish a page to live in.)

Back