Reducing number of points in a frame

JrgMeier4

Hello everyone,

I have created a frame using QuickTrace in QuickShow consisting of about 1000 points. Unfortunately, the scanrate of my laser doesn't seem to be made for such complex pictures, beacause I can clearly see the beam tracing the image. Even if I increase the Scanrate in the software, the result is still not satisfying, because the left and the right half of the image seem to be flashing alternatingly.

Is there an easy way of reducing the number of points in a frame in QuickShow (without cropping the image as such, e.g. by linear interpolation or similar methods)? Or is there perhaps a way of reducing the definition of frames created by QuickTrace?

Thank you very much!

Jörg Meier

Hi, JrgMeier4!
Optimizing frames has never been an easy task.
The most advanced ways to optimize frames are available in Beyond.
In QS, the ability to reduce the number of points is possible if you manually draw your frame.

Hi, JrgMeier4!
Optimizing frames has never been an easy task.
The most advanced ways to optimize frames are available in Beyond.
In QS, the ability to reduce the number of points is possible if you manually draw your frame.
Thank you for your quick response.
I'll just have a crack at manually optimizing my frames then. Perhaps I can even find someone to borrow a graphics tablet from, so I can properly draw something manually.

Back