Discoscan Tips & Tricks help needed

Laseronics

Beta Tester
Greetings fellow Laserists,
I just installed the Discoscan lens from Pangolin and I wanted to know if anyone has any tips and tricks for setting up a projection zone (the corners of the test pattern role off, wanted to see if someone has worked with the UGC in "projection zones" to make a nice round zone that matches the lens.

First thing I am attempting to make is a single "beam becon" but right now the beam blanks out when nearing the corners of the projection zone...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kyle @ Laseronics DOT com

I think Peiter on PL had a good suggestion that I will try when I get a chance; use the geometric correction settings in the Projection Zone settings. I think he mentioned using the pincusion settings although keystone might work also.

discoscan 2.0

Hey Kyle,

I am about to get one myself, and will use it on the clubmax 3000 ( ready made for that projector )
Coming weeks I'll be making a workspace for the lens, and upload it to the portal. It will have effects and settings for text and so forth.
:)
I'll keep you posted !
regards,
Gijs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th-7lGvRqS4&list=UUUvYUzaX73xzMYn0OTud13w

Hi Kyle, here is a vid on how I mount the lens. AS far as the zone's go, I'll send you a file on my discoscan settings. You need a lot of the settings to get a good image, but it works great here. On graphics and effects I can be " short" : every one works also in a Discoscan set. Just play around in the quick shape option, with the projector online..

Regards,
Gijs

ps
A beam beacon will indeed blank out a bit on the outmost edges, what I do is make the zone of the beacon a bit smaller, thatway it will not be a full 180, but a bit less...

Hi, I just installed a DiscoScan 2.0 on my ClubMax 6000 FB4 and am experiencing extreme distortion on the corners when I display the test grid. Also, when projecting at approximately 120 degrees on the horizontal plane, my images skew near the edges.

I watched the installation video provided by Gijs but the FB4 ClubMax doesn't have the same faceplate. Are there new installation instructions?

I found that it didn't really matter which direction I installed the threaded adapter. I prefer the side that brings the lens closer to the aperture simply to reduce the likelihood of knocking the Discoscan into anything and breaking it.

Also, between using the Bulge/Squeeze surface warp effect and sliding the pincushion settings around in the Geometric Correction tab, I was able to get the desired proportions.
QSwarp.JPG

Back