Abstract Generator

LASERwerk

Beta Tester
Hi

I just bought a small USB Midi Controller to be more flexible on live performances. Is there a possibility to route some Midi Chanels to the faders of the abstract generator to adjust those in real time or is it possible with the Live Pro..?

Best regards

Yes, what you want to do can be done in both LivePRO and LAStudio using a concept called "Channels".

Please take a close look at the LivePRO help file.

Data can enter LivePRO from either MIDI or DMX and then be routed to "channels". Then these "channels" can be routed to LivePRO functions, effectively allowing you to get data from the outside to inner functions.

"Channels" can be used in the Abstract Generator and Color Cycle portions of LivePRO. Near certain sliders you will typically see something that says <none>. This means that "no channel is controlling this slider". If you click on that, you can assign a channel to particular sliders and functions.

Best regards,

William Benner

Yes, what you want to do can be done in both LivePRO and LAStudio using a concept called "Channels".

Wow! That's awesome! Is this capability available in QS?

Wow! That's awesome! Is this capability available in QS?

No it is not. The reason is because of our target audience for QuickShow, which is normally beginners and "casual" laser users.

This concept of Channels is surely very powerful. But of the few hundred people using LivePRO (out of 10,000 total Pangolin users), I would be willing to bet that fewer than 10 people in the entire world actually use it. So yes, powerful, but it takes a real power-user to make use of something like this...

We're trying to spend our time making software that can be used by lots and lots of people. Normally this is like "quick" and "easy" software. The more powerful the features get, it means the smaller the audience also gets.

In the future we'll extend this "channels" concept to future software, but probably not QuickShow -- again, because of our intended target audience.

In the mean time, if someone really needs the power of "channels" it's already here today, in both LAStudio and LivePRO.

Best regards,

William Benner

Hey Bill, thanks for the reply. No problem, was just curious. I've always thought it would be neat to have the ability to connect a console with a mess of sliders and knobs and be able to control the abstract generator. I'll have to check that feature out in LivePro, maybe I'll need to upgrade to that instead of the FB3/QS.

Hi Mr Benner

I`m sorry, just realised that you answered to my request. In this case I will have a look abaout the performance of live pro when I`ll be in Franlfurt @ pro light& sound..

Best regards

Back