APC Mini

Discussion in 'LivePRO' started by Colourwheel, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Colourwheel

Colourwheel Member

I have tested an Akai APC Mini and found two issues with LivePRO:
    when pressing the buttons with cues assigned to them, the transitions don't happen , but using the computer keyboard the transition works normal.
    Master X and Y size assigned both to one fader : if, let say, I decrease the master size and then call any cue by pressing a button on the APC Mini keypad, the master size reset to 100%.
    I have tested the same Midi controller with Quickshow and all was fine. Transitions work all right and no problem with master size when switching cue.

2. Stuka

Stuka Well-Known Member

If the APC Mini is hard-coded like the APC 40 (Which I think it is), you're probably going to have to reassign all the MIDI assignments in LivePro to work with the rather "unconventional" hard-coded MIDI commands sent out by the controls of the APC.

3. Colourwheel

Colourwheel Member

Thanks for the comment. I have assigned to each cue its own transition time overriding the master transition time, but unsuccessfully.
    However when using APC Mini with Quickshow, transitions are running perfectly.
    Also in LivePRO each cue has its local Midi note assigned, while this option is not found in Quickshow.

4. Colourwheel

Colourwheel Member

Thank you.
    I must say I am more keen on Beyond than LivePro for the reason of more advanced 'music to graphic interaction' (in technical language: realtime audio processing) as I was explained by Alexey Sinitsyn.
    LivePro however is still a great laser display software!

;)

Colourwheel