Are there ANY modems useable with Windows10?

Discussion in 'Pangolin SMS and Virtual DJ Plugins' started by Rob, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Rob

Rob New Member

I'm having difficulty finding the answer to this. Many GSM dongles function just fine with windows 10 as a mobile sms device, but i cant find one which installs as a modem. Pangolin IMU therefore fails to connect and cant detect a suitable device.

This is driving me insane!!!! I really want to use this software....bloody WinDoze10!(Unfortunately another OS is not an option)

Please help!

2. Pangolin

Pangolin Staff Member

As recommended in the help file, the Huawei E182E definitely works as a modem.

Note that there might also be one more thing tripping you up (also explained in the help file):

Many modern USB modems have built-in companion programs that turn the modem on and off and also install the modem drivers. For Huawei modems, this is often called "Mobile Partner" or "Mobile Connect".

This companion software is usually automatically started when you insert the modem into a USB port. However, the companion software may also be started using a desktop icon that is automatically installed.

Note that this companion program MUST BE STARTED BEFORE YOU START IMU, because if this program is not started first, the modem will not become turned on (light on the modem will be off or red). Once the companion program is started, and the modem becomes turned on, the light on the modem should turn green or start flashing green, indicating that the modem is working and that the signal level is good.