Audio waveform zoom

tribble

When synchronizing events to a song in the timeline, I like to place user-defined time markers by looking at the audio waveform to insure good synchronization. However, I'm working with a relatively quiet song right now, and the waveform is not "tall enough" (low amplitude) to see in order to work with it.

Is there a way to zoom the Y axis of the audio waveform, or make the audio track bigger in the timeline view, so that I can see the waveform during quiet portions of the track?

Thanks!
Mike

There is small arrow-button in the caption area of each track. Take a look at attachment. If such height is not enough the let me know.

Best Regards,

Alexey.

Attachments

• ZoomY.png
    ZoomY.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 21
Thanks for the reply! Yes, I had already expanded the triangle... amplitude for this portion of the music is sadly still too low to pick out musical events.

I thought of a workaround... I can make a copy of my audio file, amplify it in an external editor, and import that into beyond... hopefully it will be visible. Then when I am done, I can point beyond at the original file. I hope.

It is a FLAC file, so I don't know if changing the amplitude will alter the timing of things when it is decoded. (BTW... I notice that FLAC files no longer appear in the file chooser when audio file types are selected, but I can still open them as 'all files.' All of my collection is in FLAC! :) )

Thanks!

-Please send me a screenshot, report at pangolin dot com.
-If amplitude is too low, then I recommend to normalize the volume, there are many audio editors that can do this easily.
-Regarding file formats. Less compressed formats work better.

Best Regards,
Alexey.

Alexey, thanks for your response! This music file is normalized to 100% already, it just happens that there is a quiet part in the beginning with a sequence of notes I am trying to isolate. I was able to open the file in NCH
WavePad and zoom in enough to identify when the notes changed, so I have the times I need to align my events. It may not be a reasonable feature to add to Beyond; it may be the domain of the audio file editor. But, in case you are curious, here are the screenshots you requested.

One is the overview of the whole song; one is the first few bars zoomed in; and the last is roughly the same spot viewed in NCH WavePad zoomed in a LOT.

Thanks!

Mike

Attachments

• beyond_ampl_full.png
    beyond_ampl_full.png
    14 KB · Views: 11
  • beyond_ampl_zoom.png
    beyond_ampl_zoom.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 11
  • pitch_change.png
    pitch_change.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 11