Beams problem in newest LivePro

Discussion in 'LivePRO' started by Keith Madaras, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Keith Madaras

Keith Madaras Member

Hello,

I've just updated to the most recent Livepro, going from 3 to 4. I am having an issue with beam location. I will set on a mirror and everything is good, then I set a few more mirrors and go back through to check all my targets. On this check the first mirror, which I had set earlier will have wandered off target just a bit (although the location X/Y #'s haven't changed). I'll re-point this mirror and check the mirrors again and now another mirror is off target. I had to do this until I reached compromised near hits during setup last night. I've never encountered this before so I believe it's a newly introduced bug. Please help as I use the beams quite regularly and always LOVED their accuracy! :)

Thanks!

Keith

2. Pangolin

Pangolin Staff Member

Hi Keith,

You will need to do some process-of-elimination, to determine the exact problem. But I would not be so quick to blame LivePRO...

When you install the latest version of software, we almost always create a backup copy of the older version you were using. This can be found in the LD2000\BACKUPS folder. What you could do is rename this, and then copy it back into the LD2000 folder, and then run the older version. Then you can see if the problem persists. If it does, you might need to try the same thing with the LD2000 EXE and system files, just to make sure that there is not a problem related to these files.

However, LivePRO version 4.0 has been out for nearly a year and you are the first person to discuss this. It could be that your problem is with your scanning system, and it coincidentally started when you upgraded. Remember, coincidences do happen... that's why they're called coincidences...

I have see what you are describing A LOT, when using Greek scanners. So that's why my inclination is to believe this is a scanning system problem, and not a problem with our software.

Best regards,

William Benner