Changelog

I fully accept I may be missing the obvious somewhere, but I cannot find a changelog for software updates to Beyond.

I've just updated to v 1545 today. The problem is, I have no idea what is changed and whether the updates are fixing bugs I may have, or even whether I may wish to avoid an update. The Help/About Beyond log only gives broad version change info between major releases such as v 4.0 and 5.0.

Could someone point me to where I can see info on the changes for the incremental updates?

Many thanks, and apologies in advance if it's staring me in the face!

I knew it would be staring me in the face!
Please ignore the thread (topic should be changed to how to delete a thread to stop looking like an idiot ;))

Found it one click above where I'd clicked Check for new software updates :oops:

Actually, having looked in more detail I still would rather have access to a changelog without necessarily having to fire up Beyond.
And/or, a little more specifics.

For example,
- BEYOND/QS. Various corrections and bug fixes. Some are important. Recommended for all Users.

While I'm happy to leave it to experts to say it's recommended for all users, it's always useful to know what "some are important" actually are.
Otherwise, how will I know if a specific bug I may have has been fixed or not?

And I'm still none the wiser what 1545 brings, as it's not listed.

Did you try changelog.txt in the BEYOND directory? We always advice you installing the latest version.

Regarding various corrections, etc. . I will ask development to specify it more clearly in the future, but the majority has to do with development of the license system.

Thanks for the fast response.
I did look in the Beyond directory, but no changelog.* file found (or anywhere else I could find)

I get the case for not detailing stuff that's not relevant in real world usage, and I can imagine it's more work for the Devs.
I just find it more reassuring to see the info anyway - if only to see it's something I can ignore :)

Dear Mike,

Change log could be seen by means of menu ::"update - View list of changes in the present update...".

Regarding details in change log. In many cases to understand what the change does you need to understand how it works. To understand what is really going on and how it impact the application... in some cases it may take pages, and still lead to confusion. Shorter is better, and cleaner. The other aspect - is your bug fixes or not? look from other side - would you prefer to use software with bug which you are not aware about, and which developer/support found as more important to fix than other problem? I dont think so. the fact (or not fact) that your problem is not fixes does not impact the importance of fixed problem and probably not wise to stay with older builds.

Main and official statement. Currently we give priority to registration/licensing areas, which are new and impact all clients. All other problems typically has lower priority.

Back