Combing CUEs after one another

Pauluzzz

Hi there, I was wondering what is the best way to create a cue that conbines two or more cue's together, displaying one after each other? With Capture I can get the cue's to display together at the same time, but I need them to display one after the other and Timeline does not appear the right tool to get this done? Thanks in advance!

The Timeline tool appears to be a bit cumbersome, and taking into account that the Capture is so simple, I was assuming there was another simpler way to build a chain of cues. But I'll be using the Timeline tool then just as fine. Thanks for the quick response.

Yes, Quicksow is emphasising on immediate practical usage and it does that very well, but that does not take away that is also has rather powerful tools, too; the shape and the timeline tools allow for astonishing effects, way, way beyond standard DMX capabilities of the laseres themselves.
Now that you mention it, here is a practical question. When I prepare a timeline and feel like it is finished, I can drag and then drop it into the grid and use it happily. However, I can also save it in the Timeline tool with a file name of my choosing. Are these then different timelines, the one I saved and the one I added to the grid?

I don't know how to drag and drop the Timeline to the Grid :) I think it's impossible.
I only know the way: save a Timeline to file and upload it either to the Grid or to the Quick Timeline tab.

You got me doubting there for a moment, so I checked, but yeah, whatever I create in a timeline can be dragged from the "Show it now" window into a cell and there it stays...

Hi, Pauluzzz!
Yes, I forgot about this possibility :)
As a result, you have 2 ways to save the Timeline. Both Timelines will be identical

Yup, and that is great, but carefull though with what you say there, because when you drag a previously created timeline from a cell into the Timeline tool to perform for some modification, the reult afterwards will not be stored (automatically) in the file had you created so previously. So, no, they are not identical, I see now, answering my own question. That is not an issue of course, but good to take into account. Thanks man, and by the way, happy holidays and New Year to all of you laserists out there!

Some after thoughts: first, the workspace stores its own copy of the timeline (and any other CUE for that matter), so if you save your work in the timeline tool into a file and you import it into the workspace, from now the workspace has it own copy. If you wish to make modifications to it, you must load the timeline first into the tool, edit it according to your likening and when done not only save it, but also import it again in the workspace, because otherwise it will not be updated.
Further, combining CUEs in a timeline has the disadvantage that you cannot add this new CUE into a new timeline, it is not possible to add a timeline into a timeline. So, if you are building a catalogue of CUEs for reuse, better use the "Synthesized Images" alternative (although not available from the menu you can just Copy&Paste one of the existing Images and edit it).

Back