Combining workspaces. Cues & effects to 5.0 new workspace

Arcane

So I'm migrating my current workspace to 5.0! (Combining a few of my workspaces with the new content in 5)

Is there a better way of combining cues and effects from other workspaces into one?
I'm finding Import/export to be really janky and time consuming and it crashes whenever i try to load my fx banks in. With the only other option being to replace all the current fx banks with a file (I want to keep the 5.0 effects as well as mine from my 4.0, not replace). or loading each effect individually.
Unless I'm missing something?

It'd be great if we could open a second instance of beyond (with output disabled) with a different workspace where we can drag and drop cues and fx between the two instances to swap around cues and fx between workspaces.

Another option could be allowing you to open a second Grid & FX window within the same Beyond instance and have two different "Workspaces" (Grid/fx only) that you could switch between as the "Active" grid for live, as well as drag/drop between. Kind of like a partial show read on MA, just with cues and fx.

It might also be useful for multiple operator shows too, as they could open their own personal Grid & FX window inside the current running show, but still use all the zones, routing, settings etc for the show. Routing issues could be solved with the Zone Explorer. Then the second "workspace" could be set to "Active" and then that becomes the live grid for a seamless operator changeover.

Just a thought! Maybe for 6.0 ;)

Also, i haven't seen it mentioned yet, but is 5.0 completely show stable/ready to use live right now? I don't want to put all my photons in one basket if i can't open the 5.0 show in 4.0 if the you know what hits the fan mid show :p

Hi, Arcane!
To combine cues of several Workspaces, you can use "Page" menu.
First, save the Pages of the old Workspace, and then Open and add Pages to the new Workspace.

I will pass on your request to the developers about add the ability to load and add a list of FX effects from a file.

upload_2021-5-16_16-55-44.png

Back