Creating an Animation from a .GIF File

Hey,

How do I go about converting a .GIF file with a geometric animation inside of it into a laser cue? QuickTrace only seems to be converting the GIF into a single image frame, but I want to convert the entire animation. The software touts this ability on the Pangolin website, where it states, "Import GIF, JPG, BMP files and convert instantly to laser. Outline and centerline tracing modes."

Thanks,

-Dan

Hey Dan; you will need to get each frame in the animated GIF into its own GIF. QuickTrace will not trace each frame in an animation, only single frame GIFs.

Has this ever been considered as an add-on to the QuickTrace function for future versions of the program? It would really open up a huge new world of creative possibilities for me and my laser art and make it easy to make really stunning laser animations really quickly :) I'll go do it manually like you recommended, for now..

AHA, if you mean animated GIF file, that's interesting. Normally animated GIF files have very low resolution and would not be suitable for laser.

We'd like to take a look at the kind of GIF files you're talking about and do some experimentation.

Please contact us directly by email at www.pangolin.com/contact

Best regards,

William Benner

Back