Distortion on projection Zone edges

LTone

When programming timeline shows I regurarly make transitions that 'zoom in' a frame to (size) 200 or 300%. The frame is then clipped by the projection Zone edges while I fade out. I noticed that lines are 'distorted' when approaching the projection Zone edges, like Beyond is first limiting the points to the edge prior to clipping them. This is especially annoying when using graphic frames or animations on a screen.

The distortion is even noticable in the preview screen, so it has nothing to do with scanner settings or speeds.

I apologize but I am not able to visualize this well and with a quick test I cannot "see" it in BEYOND either. Can you take a short video or two of this occuring and email it to me at my screen name + .com?

Please provide a video to Aaron, it will help to understand what exactly you mean. In general, the type of "window clip" operation at output phase depends on type of frame/points. For point oriented content BEYOND use a version that keep the number of points unchanged. It work similarly to limiter. For vector oriented content BEYOND use vector oriented method and consequent optimization after it. because of this, I recommend to pay attention on type of content.

The most of supplied by Pangolin frames in the workspace are point oriented. The most of Shapes/Abstractions - vectors. Anyway, it would be good to understand what exactly you see and after that come to decision what is going on.

Best Regards,
Alexey.

I already sent Aaron a video and some frames that should allow him to reproduce the phenomenon as well as some tests I did. The distortion is only present on certain frames and only the first time they are inserted and edited on the timeline. Once you save the workspace and restart Beyond the distortions are gone until you edit the events on the timeline again.

Thank you for feedback. It indeed pretty interesting, we will check it together at coming week.

Best Regards,
Alexey.

Back