Fb4 ilda output

ollie

Good evening everyone

I hope your all doing good.

So wondering if anyone can shed some. Light (excuse the pun) on a question I have about Fb4s.

I recently ordered 10 x 6 watt lasers from GSL with the intention of adding a fb4 to each on purchase but when I ordered they had no available stock of Fb4s due to a shortage of chips from pangolin apparently, anyhow i opted to have them built with the cut outs ready for the Fb4s at a later date. Now we're a year later and Fb4s seem to be quite expensive so I'm wondering if I was to lets say purchase 4 x Fb4s can I then daisy chain out of the ilda ports and copy that lasers signal into a second projector that doesn't have an fb4 built in?

If so how is that achieved?

Thanks and hope my question makes sense and I can get some positive feedback on this

Hello Ollie,

If the laser with FB4 inside has ILDA out, this might be possible, however you will need to daisy chain ilda cables and the other lasers will need to have ILDA in. Note that the default ILDA board of FB4 does not support ILDA out. This one only supports In and throught.

Hello Ollie,

If the laser with FB4 inside has ILDA out, this might be possible, however you will need to daisy chain ilda cables and the other lasers will need to have ILDA in. Note that the default ILDA board of FB4 does not support ILDA out. This one only supports In and throught.
Thanks Bob,

Any idea how would I get the ilda signal out of the laser if the ilda boards pangolin sell don't allow this?

Thanks

The actual outputs of FB4 can be connected to an dsub25 connector which you could use to chain, however, this potentially can lead to issues as the output is not meant for this purpose.

Back