Import of shs/sho?

Discussion in 'LivePRO' started by FunkyDoctor, Oct 20, 2003.

1. FunkyDoctor

FunkyDoctor Member

Hi,

in Showtime "Live" it's possible to use a complete showtime show (shs, sho), a complete showtime module or just a scene of a showtime show for a cue button. Does LivePRO! support such a function (import parts of showtime shows)? - I can

2. GlennT

GlennT Well-Known Member

Hi,

LivePRO is a new platform that operates completely differently to Showtimes Live!. This means Showtime effects, show, modules, scenes and frame files do not import into LivePRO.

The process to create new frames in LivePRO is to use Designer, open up a beamshow you have, then individually pick the frames you wish to use, save each of them as their own name, then using livePRO, load each of them into their own cue.

Then, right click on the cue select "new key effect" and create your own effect to that image. You will find that the key effect in Livepro does some really amazing 3 dimentional effects that you are not able to do using Showtimes effect editor, so this is a great advantage.

Of course, if you wish to then get LivePROs frames and effects into your Showtime show you can export an ilda ".ild" frame file from LivePRO then import it into Showtime, so this also expands the capabilities of creating great beam shows for Showtime. The .ild export is a hidden function, you need to go into the file livepro.ini, where it reads FrameRecorder=0, change it to FrameRecorder=1, then restart LivePRO, you will see the export function appear in the Live Control tab on the right of the screen. Its self explanatory, if not, post again if you have problems.

Have fun

Glenn Turner

3. clharris

clharris Member

Glenn,

I tried to enable the .ild export option but didn't have any luck. In the LivePro .INI I did not find a FrameRecorder line. I did find a ShowShowRecorder line of which I set to "1". I even tried adding the "FrameRecorder=1" line to the .INI, still no luck. Atleast I think? The cue recorder is the only recorder I see and it doesn't seem to have frame recording capability.

Chris

4. GlennT

GlennT Well-Known Member

Hi Chris,

Livepro.ini does not come with FrameRecorder=1, you must enter it yourself. But you must place it at the end and within the section headed [common]. You should not have livepro running whilst doing this, after you have added the line then open livepro. It should appear in the live control list 3rd from the top.

If you still cant get it to operate, then I suggest that you may not be editing the right .ini file if for some reason there has been 2 generated and this can occur if you place the livepro.exe not within the LD2000 directory. Livepro looks only for a livepro.ini file in a specific directory location. To get to it follow these steps.

Goto the directory where the livepro.exe you are currently using is located, now click open the folder called "livepro", there you should find the livepro.ini file. Open it and add the line as mentioned above.

Let me know how you go.

Glenn

5. clharris

clharris Member

Glenn,

No such luck. I am editing the correct file and have added the corect line in the place you described. I even applied the latest and greatest update from this website. I made sure to start the LivePro executable that was in the directory along with the "LivePro" directory which contains the ".INI". I must be missing something simple.

6. Pangolin

Pangolin Staff Member

Hi Chris,

The next version of LivePRO will have a very cool EXPORT function that works much better than the old (and secret) frame recorder did. Stay tuned...

Bill