IMU License & Passcode

Discussion in 'Pangolin Virtual DJ Plugins and SMS' started by kamakajee, Oct 16, 2015.

1. kamakajee

kamakajee Active Member

Hi All!
    My question is in 3 parts
    1st Can I be walked through as to how to setup the email connection. Did all the steps but somehow it does not work.
    2nd - Is the license of IMU tied to the PC or to the GSM modem supplied? if modem fine but if with PC, how do I install on my home PC to & work laptop.
    3rd I somehow set a passcode for my imu & unable to remember it.. anyway of surpassing it.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Pangolin

Pangolin Staff Member

This might be best done by telephone. If you could call our office tomorrow between the hours of 10AM and 6PM, we will try to walk you through it. This assumes that you have the Basic (otherwise known as "Advanced") version of IMU, since email is not supported in the Free or Essentials versions...

Normally we tie the license to the modem, because it is most convenient. You can install the software on many PCs, and simply move the modem from PC to PC, whenever you want to work on the PC.

However, we do have the capability of tying to your PC instead. If you want to work this way, please write to us in email using our contact form at www.Pangolin.com/contact, or you can discuss this in the telephone call for support on your subject above.

I will have to check in the code to see if we put a "back door" in there or not. In any event, we can certainly get around that, either by modifying one of your files. The file will need to be sent by email. You can start an email discussion using our contact form.

Best regards,

William Benner

3. Pangolin

Pangolin Staff Member

Regarding your third question, I looked into this. The current version of IMU does not have a backdoor password, but we will put one into future versions to make support easier.

In the mean time, the simplest way to clear these is by editing the IMU.INI file. In the [Administration] section, look for the following:

FullName0=
    Login0=
    Password0=
    (here they are already empty)

If there was only one administration account this will remove it. More accounts will look same but with different number (FullName1, FullName2, etc.)

Best regards,

William Benner

4. kamakajee

kamakajee Active Member

Thanks Bill.. I somehow was able to remember the pass code :D
    I do have the pro version.