ldb format... and ilda true colour ?

nourathar

Hi,

i am very new to the world of laser, and I'm trying to get my own animationsoftware to produce output which is readable by standard lasershow players.
I'm writing something which will produce ILDA files, but also I've come across the .ldb format. I have two questions:

-Is there an .ldb file format specification available, somewhere ??
-do .ldb files by any chance have the possibillity to specify rgb colour per point ? I've been reading on-line about proposed extensions of the ILDA-format, but those do not seem to have come to anything (yet ?)?

many thanks,

Joost.

Hi Joost,

The LDB file format is the file format of our older LD/QM32 software. It is unpublished, and is proprietary to Pangolin Laser Systems. Although it may be possible to partially reverse engineer the file format, it is not possible to completely reverse engineer the format because there are actually a variety of different data types stored in this format, and they are stored in a variety of ways. It would be impractical and unlikely to acquire a large enough sampling of LDB files to reliably hack a reader/writer for this format. Moreover, there is no reason to do this... I would recommend you use the ILDA format.

Best regards,

William Benner

Back