Live Pro and Multi Palettes

Discussion in 'LivePRO' started by Laseronics, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Laseronics

Laseronics Beta Tester

Hi all, I do not know if this is a Live Pro question or a gen Pangolin Question.
    I am, for the first time, using multi Pangolin cards in the same computer.
    I am attempting to assign a specific palette to one set of "scanners" and a separate palette for another set of "scanners" (or projector)

How do I do this?

2. Pangolin

Pangolin Staff Member

Hi Laseronics,

First you must realize a few things. LivePRO is considered to be an "Auxiliary program" in the LD2000 series. As such, what you do is setup your laser projectors using LD2000 and/or Showtime. Part of this setup is "Zones" and another part of this setup is "Palettes". You do this setup for your laser projectors (scanners) once -- and then all LD-related programs will use these settings.

Really we designed all of this to be pretty transparent. In the early chapters of the Tutorial DVD, it shows you how to setup the palette. You just do that for your scanners, and everything works from there.

In LivePRO, if you so choose, you can access the Balanced, High Saturation, or High Power palettes, although this is becoming less necessary with solid state lasers...

Bill

3. Laseronics

Laseronics Beta Tester

Thank you for the info. I was focusing too much on Live Pro and not looking back at the basics. Also, this was the first time using multi Pangolin cards in one computer. At first, I was looking for Palettes in the zones area, and now I see where to assign palettes to specific zones (or