live pro/winamp problem

Discussion in 'LivePRO' started by ollie, Feb 4, 2009.

1. ollie

ollie Member

when i select the vis_lp.dll from the menu in winamp it stalls the program. im running the new version of winamp and vista operating system.

any help would be great

cheers ollie

2. Pangolin

Pangolin Staff Member

Generally there are older versions of Winamp available for download. Please try an older version and let me know what you find.

We have tried the latest version on VISTA and we don't see any problems. Still, it would be interesting to hear if you have problems even with an older version.

Best regards,

William Benner

3. Insanity

Insanity Member

Hi,

Was a resolution found for this problem?
    I have tried several versions of Winamp under Vista and they all have problems. If I try V5.55 and go to 'Select Plugin' I get the Windows error, 'Winamp Has Stopped Working' and it just closes. The best version I have found is V5.1. However with this version I can select the plugin, but every process, such as opening the plugin, closing the program etc is very slow to respond. Once running it seems ok, but still flaky... In fact, when I close the program Windows thinks it has crashed and pops up a message saying Winamp has stopped responding, do you want to close, or wait for it to respond. Selecting Wait, closes the program immediately.

Without the Live Pro plugin copied to the plugins directory, all versions seem to work fine.

Let me know if you require screenshots etc and I will send them by email

Thanks
    Mark

4. Pangolin

Pangolin Staff Member

We've tried this on Justin's computer, at the Pangolin office, and he is running a relatively new version of Winamp and we just don't see any problems. Also, we haven't heard any problems from anyone else either. I am tending to think that this is something unique to your computer or something like that.

If you ever get to a PL meeting, it might be interesting to take a look at your computer in person. Sometimes problems can't be found easily using only words in an email or forum posts...

5. buffo

buffo Member

Mark;

I just uploaded a zipped copy of my Winamp folder to the PL FTP server in response to someone else here who was having problems with the Winamp laser visualiser plugin. I haven't had any problems with either the visualizer or the LivePro plugin since I first installed them, though I am running XP and not Vista. Still, you might want to D/L that zip file and give it a shot...

Adam

6. Insanity

Insanity Member

Thanks both for your replies,

Bill, unfortunately I am in the UK so unlikely that I can bring the computer over to you, having said that, It would be great if you could make one of the UK meets. I am sure you would be very welcome :cool:

Adam, thanks for the files, I tried and got the same bunch of random messages. The problem seems to occur when selecting the plugin, once selected it seems to work ok... I had a look on the Winamp forums and there seem to be a whole bunch of people with similar plugin related problems, I am working my way through the suggested solutions but am yet to find one that works.

My machine by the way is a Toshiba Satellite L300 laptop with 2Ghz Centrino dual core and 3 gig of Ram, running a fresh install of Windows Vista Home Premium.. It seems the incompatibility has a lot to do with Vista, no surprises there :eek:

I will keep battling on and let you both know If/When I manage to fix this one..

Cheers
    Mark

7. JeroenVDV

JeroenVDV Member

Hi Mark,

Is UAC enabled (User Account Control) in Vista? By default it is, and it has caused a LOT of trouble with our customers. Some very strange error messages or bugs or problems we just couldn't reproduce at the office that seemed to be absolutely not related with anything like UAC were just solved when the customer disabled UAC..

Regards,

Jeroen