LivePRO and network

Discussion in 'LivePRO' started by krystek, Jul 13, 2007.

1. krystek

krystek Member

Hi,

I'm a user of LivePRO product.
    On single computer (non-network) LivePRO works fine, but if I want use it by network, laser output and laser preview (in program) randomly hangs for a decimal fraction of second, so laser show is not so smoothie as it should be . In that case, LivePRO is completely useless for me. Two computers were connected by LD2000_network, cisco switch, it were also connected directly (for testing purposes, crossed RJ54 cable), both 100mbps cables/hardware. Tested on GlennT 2007 LivePRO version.

Any ideas?

2. Pangolin

Pangolin Staff Member

Hi,

Only one question for now. What does it look like if you have the preview window closed? Is laser output smooth then? (well, I guess that's two questions...)

Best regards,

William Benner

3. krystek

krystek Member

Unfortunately, I tried with no preview window enabled in LivePRO. With preview window is ever worse.
    :(

4. krystek

krystek Member

can't edit previous post - "even wrose"

LivePRO doesn't send frames to remote computer with LD card on startup (like it was in Live! version). Solution in Live! was great, why it was not implemented in LivePRO? Anyway, transfer between remote computer (with LD card) and local is about 2-3Mbps so LivePRO should work on wireless G network.
    BTW. I still miss for scanner propeties in pangolin-style (live!), like scanner rate etc.

I think that one (and only) solution atm is remote desktop software...

5. Pangolin

Pangolin Staff Member

LivePRO doesn't send the frames because that's not how LivePRO works. It does everything in real time...

Anyway, if you have two computers -- you could use the LivePRO network instead of the LD2000 network. Please take a look at the "networking" section of the LivePRO help file for more information.

Best regards,

William Benner

6. krystek

krystek Member

"Anyway, if you have two computers -- you could use the LivePRO network instead of the LD2000 network"
    IPX/SPX ? No solution for one LD card and two computers?

7. Pangolin

Pangolin Staff Member

Well, for one LD card and two computers, you have two choices. One is the LD2000_Network. The other is some kind of "remote desktop" type solution, of which there are several. Paulo has commented on that type of thing in some of the Networking-related forum posts.

Best regards,

William Benner

8. LaserJ

LaserJ Member

What are the ping times to the remote computer using the ld 2000 network?
    Can U use gigabit instead of 100mb?
    How long is your network run?
    I have experimented with draft N routers and had better success that a wired 100 base T over long
    distances.

Last year I had 9 remote systems over 1/2 kilometer away, using b/g professional radio's with Live Pro LD 2000 Network. Ping times under 1ms and was able to operate Live Pro with little to no delay.

BTW I found dmx does not work in networked computers in Live Pro.
    It does in Showime.

Jason