Locking X,Y Sliders in LivePRO

Discussion in 'LivePRO' started by Jem, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Jem

Jem Active Member

Hi all

Is there any way to solidly lock the size co-ordinate (x,y) sliders in LivePRO to stop them getting re-set automatically?

I have noticed that you can set the x,y size sliders only for them to be overridden when certain new cues are selected. Let's say I set the x slider to 90% and the y slider to 20%. This will project an oval shape horizontal with the ceiling/floor. I may have done this for audience safety to stop beams being projected down into the audience, and to keep those beams well above the audiences heads, especially where lower than usual ceilings are involved. This works fine until I click on certain cues which then suddenly re-set the x,y sliders back to 100%. This is obviously a concern because all of a sudden I would potentially be projecting effects directly into the audience.

It was just a thought, but if you were able to have a means to solidly 'lock' the sliders so they couldn't be overridden by cue selection this would prevent such occurences happening. Perhaps a little checkbox similar to the lock XY checkbox, obviously it would have to be called something different to avoid confusion ;-)

I fully appreciate that projection co-ordinates should be set up in Showtime, but there are times when adjustments need to be done 'on the fly' so to speak. I suppose this begs another question... Why do I have to set things up in Showtime, surely this should be incorporated as a feature into LivePRO ;)

Or... have I missed something very obvious and the means to do this already exists?

Cheers

Jem

2. JeroenVDV

JeroenVDV Member

You should NEVER use live-controls for safety-use.. If you want to set the projection-area, use the Projection Zones settings.

3. Jem

Jem Active Member

Yes, I realise that BUT... I still think it should be made possible to lock these sliders. AND, It seems really silly that projection zones have to be set up in Showtime or LD2000. Why on earth isn't there a facility to do this directly in LivePRO :confused:

Jem

4. Pangolin

Pangolin Staff Member

I guess you don't have the latest version of LivePRO, which has the Projection Zones dialog integrated, and also has a nifty drawing/animation program built right into LivePRO.

LD2000 version 4.50 is days away from being released. You can download the update from the Downloads section of our web site.

Best regards,

William Benner

5. Jem

Jem Active Member

Hey, way to go Bill :cool:

I'll look forward to that. Will it be available in time for the UKLEM on Sunday 3rd Feb?

Cheers

Jem

6. Pangolin

Pangolin Staff Member

Hi Jem,

Should be available any day now. We are putting finishing touches on things, and doing translations, updating the ABOUT box and such...

Bill

7. JeroenVDV

JeroenVDV Member

It's not available yet .. :confused: ;)

8. Pangolin

Pangolin Staff Member

Right, well at any point in time, any user can send Pangolin a private email and request a BETA (also known as interium) version of any piece of software we make. If you have an urgent need, that's usually the best way to have it addressed...

Best regards,

William Benner

9. dave

dave Beta Tester

I cant seem to locate the drawing program in ver 4.5. I assume it will be just like the drawing/animation in LiveQUICK?