MIDI Encoder direction wrong

Cris_23

Hi,

i'm using latest QS version and an AKAI MPK mini as MIDI controller.
This one have 8 endless encoder knobs. In QS i set the learned CC to Encoder.

The problem, if i rotate a knob the sliders in Master Live panel fades in wrong direction.

If i rotate left, slider goes right and rotating right slider goes left.
The MPK mini have a mini OLED display and if i rotate left i see DEC, right turn i see INC in the display
In the DAW Bitwig endless encoder works as expected.

I think QS is only designed to work with the APC mini for whatever reason.

But looking around, I assume you have the mkp mini mk3 - it looks like there is an editor application, you need to set the encoders to absolute with LO as 0 and HIGH as 127. As you are seeing inc and dec I think you have them set to relative. In absolute mode you'll see the cc value as you rotate.

Yep, mk3 model.
Already set the LO/0 and HIGH/127. Also can't switch here the direction eg LO/127 and HIGH/0
I know that it works in absolute/Slider mode but want the relative/Encoder mode so the knobs are catching always the correct value from mouse changed parameters in the QS GUI. In absolute mode sometimes it is a bit risky with jumping paramters if i changed vaules with mouse and later with the encoder.

Your only options will be either use some translator software like Bome midi translator, purchase Beyond or the free method: use it as it is.

Or a simple direction switch option for INC/DEC if Encoder is selected in QS Midi Live Control settings! ;)
But didn't know much about the update politic from Pangolin.

Or a simple direction switch option for INC/DEC if Encoder is selected in QS Midi Live Control settings! ;)
But didn't know much about the update politic from Pangolin.

Quick show is free and pretty well featured really. More features costs more money for most software.

As I mentioned, Bome midi translator will swap the direction plus loads more and has a free version plus a paid version which is about £60. It has a steep learning curve but really really good support.

Akai not giving the option to swap was pretty short sighted to be honest, the screen looks handy with the ability to name the knobs, shame they don't make one without the piano keys :(

QS is free..mhh, without my Pangolin ILDA Controller/Dongle QS is nearly useless so...

Yep, i will try it with a MIDI transformation tool.

I send Akai a feature request also, maybe i have luck.

Back