midi feedback to controller

Discussion in 'LivePRO' started by schlender, Dec 28, 2009.

1. schlender

schlender Member

Hi!

I use a midi controller with LivePro. Is there any way to get LivePro to send feedback to the controller for visual feedback what is turned on, off or toggled?

Thank you for your help.

Roger

2. Pangolin

Pangolin Staff Member

Right now there is no way. The reason is because there doesn't seem to be a standard that we can support. There are a number of consoles that have feedback, but each one supports it in a different way... We'd like to choose one good one and support it, but there are so many... So, so far we haven't implemented feedback yet.

Best regards,

William Benner

3. Lj_Nest

Lj_Nest New Member

Hi,
    Can someone inform me: which midi controller goes completly good with live pro? I would like to use Faders to control the speed,brightness, rotation in Z, Size, etc manualy, apart of buttons to shot cues.

the laser show performer control hasn't the faders. and I would like to use one with faders.

(I know one: sidekick but it's quiet expensive....arround 1200€...I think so....but may be I'm wrong...)

4. schlender

schlender Member

Hi LJ Nest,

I'm usind the jazzmutant Lemur, wich works very well with livePro. Have a look at it and you will love it!

Regards, Roger

5. schlender

schlender Member

Thank you Bill,

wouldn't it be possible to have the opposite of "sliders to midi" where you can assign a midi note oder ctrl change to a midi out ?

Regards,
    Roger

6. Pangolin

Pangolin Staff Member

Hi Roger,

Some people make stuff sound so easy... If you are a programmer and you can really make it work as easy as your words make it sound, please contact us and we'll hire you immediately and you can get right to work, solving this problem and all of the other problems in the world :D.

In the mean time, we've actually acquired a Behringer BCF... something or another (I forget the model number) and we are doing work on this unit right now. By the time we release a new version of LivePRO, it will support this particular device, which seems quite popular.

Best regards,

William Benner

7. Thomas

Thomas New Member

It would be really great if LivePro would support the Akai APC 40 APC 40 since it has nearly everything what is needed for a live controller...
    The behringer bcf has not enough buttons in my opinion and the buttons/faders are not really robust...

8. Pangolin

Pangolin Staff Member

The Behringer was recommended to us by many clients -- I guess because it is very inexpensive. A lot of times, low cost wins out over quality... There are more Toyota's on the road than Mercedes...

We will do work on the Behringer first and then we may turn our attention to other controllers, such as the Akai.

Best regards,

William Benner

9. decix

decix Well-Known Member

Yes, the AKAI is really superb. Phoenix has integrated it into it's live software including LED-feedback on the controller-board. I'd instantly buy one if it would be supported by LivePro. But I would not buy the Behringer...

10. schlender

schlender Member

Any news at this topic?

11. Pockels

Pockels Member

Sorry to bump an old thread. Anyone ever found a solution to midi feedback in LivePro?

12. Revolution909

Revolution909 Beta Tester

13. Pockels

Pockels Member