Multiple MIDI controllers and Live Pro

Discussion in 'LivePRO' started by TANK, Jun 11, 2008.

1. TANK

TANK New Member

Hi there,

Is it possible to use 2 or more midicontrollers with USB interface with Live Pro?
    I'm using a Behringer BCF 2000 for controlling Live Pro but want to expand it with a BCR 2000 because of new functions and features of the latest versions (and now i ran out of midi keys :mad:)

Bye,

Mickael

2. JeroenVDV

JeroenVDV Member

Hi Mickael,

It's possible by using the free MIDI-OX software to merge midi-data from different controllers to one port of the (also free) MIDIYOKE virtual midi-port. Then you can select that virtual midi-port as input for LivePro.

http://www.midiox.com

Regards,

Jeroen

3. TANK

TANK New Member

Hey Jeroen,

Thank you for your help!

Het is toch ongelofelijk dat jij mij nu de gouwe tip geeft ;)
    Ik zal die link eens even checken.
    Alles goes verder met laseren?

Groeten, Mickael (Vibez Productions en DLD)

4. JeroenVDV

JeroenVDV Member

Just a quick note:

Using the Behringer BCR-2000 in combination with the BCF-2000 doesn't require special merging-software or changes to LivePro. Just follow the manual of the BCF/BCR-2000, it describes how to combine those 2 controllers:

BCF-2000: USB-Mode U-4
    BCR-2000: Stand-alone mode S-3

Connections:
    BCF-2000 MIDI IN > BCR-2000 MIDI OUT B
    BCF-2000 MIDI OUT A > BCR-2000 MIDI IN
    BCF-2000 USB > PC

The data of both B-controls is mixed and is sent to the host-computer via USB.

Ha Mickael,

Tja, je komt m'kaar elke keer weer tegen, als je in dezelfde werkgebieden zit :)

5. dpssl

dpssl Member

Can you say me wich driver Version you are using. I`ve got big problems to use the BCF2000 in Livepro :(

Sometimes it runs, but sometimes not. I use the latest Version of LiveproUSB and the newest driver for my BCF2000, but Livepro want find the signal.. i don`t know how :(

btw. do your motorfaders work on pangolin livepro?