New Release?

Discussion in 'LivePRO' started by Keith Madaras, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Keith Madaras

Keith Madaras Member

Hey all,

I'm just wondering if we'll see a new release soon, it's been about a year and I'm looking forward to bug fixes and new features for my favorite laser software.

Thanks!

Ohh.. and it's peanut butter jelly time... :cool: :)

Keith Madaras

2. Pangolin

Pangolin Staff Member

We are currently working hot and heavy on what will become the Lasershow Designer 2000 version 4.0 release. However, I am sure I have written this before, but we can sent you an "interim" release at any time.

Internally, we are up to 3.60, which (despite the just 10 points higher than the current production build) offers quite a few more features. We are adding things every week, and we are also working on acquiring more shows WITH MUSIC RIGHTS.

The reason why we haven't release anything up until now is because we add incremental features each week, and also identify show and music sources that we would like to include with 4.0. We don't want to release something and then a month later, release something else with another show, then a month later, release the music, etc. Unlike other laser software, each time we do a build we have to do it for five separate languages. We also do a full battery of testing on all 32-bit Windows operating systems (including Vista) before release. Quality is job 1 here at Pangolin, so everything gets tested, and re-tested before we put our final stamp of approval on it. Also, version 3.50 is a very solid release indeed and nobody is having any problems with it...

When you wrote that you were looking forward to bug fixes, can you be more specific? Off the top of my head, I don't know of any bugs in version 3.50...

Bill