Newbie Questions

Discussion in 'Pangolin SMS and Virtual DJ Plugins' started by DixonSomerset, Dec 18, 2015.

1. DixonSomerset

DixonSomerset New Member

Hi guys

I'm new to Pangolin and have just downloaded the free version for use with Virtual DJ. Couple things I'd like to know please if possible?

1/ How long does the free version last? I understand that there are limitations with this version, but will it work regardless, albeit not to full ability?

2/ If using the program alongside Virtual DJ, but not using the Virtual DJ window to output the messages to screen, is it possible to move the Virtual DJ video window behind the IMU Message Display window?

Thanks

Chris

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  2. Pangolin

Pangolin Staff Member

Dear Chris,

As Aaron indicated the free version of IMU is not limited "by time", but rather by the number of messages and users it can handle. However, these limitations are very reasonable, and not likely to be exceeded by typical DJs. For a complete list of limitations and the features of the various versions, see the help file.

Regarding your second question, I am afraid we simply don't understand what is being asked, but perhaps by providing generalized information, your question will be answered.

First, IMU is the program that receives and processes messages. IMU itself can not "display" anything. For that purpose you have two choices, both of which are included with the free version:

1. Use Video Messaging Unlimited (VMU) to display the messages, possibly along with media, voting, scrolling text, and other content generated by VMU.

2. Use the Essential Visuals plug-in for Virtual DJ, which works in a very similar manor as VMU, but is completely integrated with Virtual DJ.

Normally VDJ users use the second option, and the plugin can even work alongside other visualization plugins. You can see a very brief video that shows how Essential Visuals works here: https://youtu.be/CGVqa602hes?list=PLFF7AD76B33F9361B

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

William Benner