Output preview window only

Discussion in 'LivePRO' started by LaserJ, Sep 13, 2009.

1. LaserJ

LaserJ Member

Would really like the ability to output to preview window only in Live Pro.
    Or a master brightness fader in Live Pro that is equivalent to the Master Brightness in the Projector settings in LD.

I do alot of "blind" programming where I only want to use the preview screen and not output to laser.

Thoughts?

2. Pangolin

Pangolin Staff Member

Hi LaserJ,

There may be a way to do what you want already. Let us look into this and get back to you.

Best regards,

William Benner

3. Pangolin

Pangolin Staff Member

Hi LaserJ,

I spoke with Alexey about this and, basically, what Alexey said is that LivePRO is really not designed to output only to the preview window and not to the laser. In LivePRO, the preview window is a true reflection of the laser output.

However, there may be a workaround for you. On the LivePRO toolbar, there is an "Online / Offline" button. You could take LivePRO "offline", which will stop sending output to the laser. As a result, you won't be able to see it in the preview window, BUT, you will be able to see the content in the little track monitor windows below.

In general, what you want to do is a kind of "off-line editing". LivePRO itself wasn't really designed for this, but our new software called QuickShow was designed with this in mind, and you can even have a mixture of off-line and on-line things with QuickShow.

QuickShow will be available as a free download soon for FB3 users. We believe QuickShow will be available for LD2000 users some time next year, also as a free download.

Keep an eye in the "What's new at Pangolin" section of our web site for details.

Best regards,

William Benner