PangoScript / MIDI Out Sysex Messages

xtaega

For those who are interested, I started some work on a BEYOND profile for the Ableton Push console, and it has a very nice display that I would like to use with BEYOND. I can use most of the other functions with Pangoscripts MIDIIn/MIDIOut fuctions without any problems, but I suppose the way the function was written, it was only intended to send and recieve commands and not data packets via MIDI.

The LCD Display responds to SYSEX (System Exclusive MIDI Messages) that I can send via a third party MIDI tool. I have attached a picture here of me quickly playing around with this feature. I feel it has QUITE a number of useful applications!

I would request functionality added to BEYOND that supports MIDI SYSEX packets of a defined length. Please feel free to redirect me if this question has already been addressed elsewhere.

BG

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 28
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 28
Profile for APC 40 use sysex command. It implemented as OSC command, this is demo code from profile:

/midi/sysex 0xF0, 0x47, 0x7F, 0x73, 0x60, 0x00, 0x04, 0x41, 0x08, 0x02, 0x01, 0xF7

Please do not be confused. We added ability to use "OSC servers" because they allow to make some things faster than a traditional commands.

Best Regards,

Alexey.

Back