Phoenix 4 Live not launching

Discussion in 'Phoenix' started by JamesSp2018, Dec 14, 2016.

1. JamesSp2018

JamesSp2018 New Member

Hi,
    I am trying to figure out why Phoenix 4 Live will not launch at all under Windows 10, yet if you try to start up Pro it does launch however I don't have a license for Pro, another thing to note is that Hardware Check does not work either so any ideas would be very welcome?

Kind regards
    James

2. Daniel-Pangolin-Support

Daniel-Pangolin-Support Pangolin Support Staff Member

Dear James,

Until today, there is no Windows 10 version yet.

Right now, final development is being done on this, and we do expect a release date still in 2016. :)

However I will also note, that in that same regard, we will be working with existing Phoenix clients, to help move them over to the Pangolin platform instead.

Give it a try and download the current DEMO version of Quickshow:
    http://www.pangolin.com/support-products/lasershow-designer-quickshow/

Here you can see some great features of QuickShow:

Being that we develop both software programs, I can say whole heartedly, that Pangolin software is a lot more powerful, and much easier to use in that regard. And if you were ever interested, we would be happy to assist you in converting over to the Pangolin software platform instead, as in time, Phoenix support and updates will no longer be provided.

Did you know?
    Pangolin QuickShow and BEYOND worked on Windows 10 since the first day of its public release.

Kind regards

Daniel

3. JamesSp2018

JamesSp2018 New Member

Hi Daniel,
    Thanks for responding to my problem very quickly, would you be able to explain what exactly you mean by assisting with converting existing Phoenix users over to the Pangolin platform and what is involved since I can't really afford to spend £400+ to purchase yet another laser show software because I thought Phoenix was going to work for what I needed.

kind regards
    James

4. Daniel-Pangolin-Support

Dear James,
    We help with all our ressources to provide a seamless transfer of knowledge, so you are able to create even more awesome show results than before with Pangolin.
    If you are happy with Phoenix and the options you have to create your desired results, there is no need to change now....unless you need more options, features and want to join a huge community and access more assets (FREE shows, animations, graphics etc.)

Currently the best way to save money is to grab one of the Pangolin XMAS deals here:
    http://pangolin.com/product-category/holiday-specials/

If you want to stay with Phoenix, please just have a little more patience as the Windows 10 update is close.
    Please note: there will be a cost associated with updating. More information at our newsletter when released.

If there is anything else we can help with, we are happy to know about it.

Kind regards

Daniel

5. JamesSp2018

JamesSp2018 New Member

Hi Daniel,
    I am more than willing to wait for the Windows 10 update to Phoenix to appear, however are you able to confirm that it will be available just before New Years Eve because I have an event on New Years Eve which I need to use the laser for so as long as it will appear in a sensible time frame I have no problem with holding on.

kind regards
    James

6. Daniel-Pangolin-Support

Dear James,

Unfortunately I can not, as in software development time schedules can change every minute.

All I can say is that we do expect a release date still in 2016. I hope you understand.

Kind regards

Daniel

7. djgmt

djgmt New Member

cant wait only been 3 years..I still prefer the live show of phoenix over quick show..and i use both..qs is good for premade and phoenix so good for live