Playing cues perfectly matched to system BPM counter

Pickle_Davis

Hey friends,

Situation: I've made a few quick timeline shows to songs. I am very unreliable at launching the cue on tempo (a half beat fast or a half beat slow) so that the live music (a DJ) follows the programmed show I've made.

Ask: Is there a setting or a method to only start the cue on the downbeat of the tempo set by the system BPM program? Or a way to solve my issue with the cue only playing on a downbeat of a tempo set by me? Or is there a way to bump the tempo up or down to align the synchronization?

I have found that you can use Virtual LJ to solve the long show sync perfectly. But if you turn off LJ, the cue ends. This doesn't solve playing cues in sync on the fly.

Also big thanks to the Cloud Community for all your wizard effects and exploration of the program! Ya'll the best!

Tyler

IGOR!!

Man, I've learned so much about Quickshow reverse engineering your cues in the Cloud community! Thank you so much for your wicked taste in design :)

I figured out a work around to my terrible timing and cleaned up the synchronization method. By changing the setting in Quick Timeline->Menu->Show properties...->BPM->128, I can enable "Strong Magnet" to snap to song downbeats in either direction with minor hiccup in the show or program dark sections in the show to hide the movement. These cut sync sections can be designated by right clicking the timeline bar and "Adding Time Marker". Also practice, turns out haha!
Thanks for the rely,

Pickle

Back