Processor Utilization

Discussion in 'LivePRO' started by Keith Madaras, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Keith Madaras

Keith Madaras Member

Just wondering what others are seeing as far as % of processor utilizied while livepro is playing. I'm almost always at 100% on a AMD 3000+ with 512 MB RAM, is this normal and expected? It seems to cause pauses at times during the show. When checking the system resources I have no other operations taking any processor, just livepro at 100%.

Thanks,

Keith

2. luminavp

luminavp Active Member

I haven't actually checked this however I will note that it ran poorly on a P3-500, output lagged each time i changed pages, occasionally jumpy output as well... installed into my athlon xp1700 and i notice an occasional pause in output here and there.. haven't checked cpu usage.

both boxes had 512mb of ram...

3. Pangolin

Pangolin Staff Member

To make a long story short, LivePRO puts the system into a different mode of multitasking which will fool the CPU meter into thinking that LivePRO is using 100% of the processor's power. LD2000_Network.EXE uses the same mode and will fool the CPU meter in a similar way.

In reality the CPU usage is nowhere near 100%. With your 3GHz processor, LivePRO is capable of calculating around 3000 frames per second. Since the laser is only outputting perhaps 30 frames per second, you can see that LivePRO is only able to use a very small part of the processor's power. We engage this special mode of multitasking to give smooth output.

Bill