QM2000 installation in box

Bradfo69

I recently acquired my first .net box and went to install my pro QM2000 card in the box. The instruction manual references attaching the ribbon cable to the end of the card in addition to installing in in the PCI slot. However... the card is entirely too long and the ribbon cable too short for this to fit. Is the ribbon cable necessary to be attached? Is the Pro card slightly longer than an intro or basic card? I don't think so but, mechanically it's just not going to work. I have the card installed and the box all put back together without the ribbon cable connected but, I haven't tried to test it yet because I wanted to check here first.

Thanks!
~Brad

Hey Brad, the ribbon cable should already be attached to both the .NET board and the QM2000, assuming you got this from us.

Yes, it is necessary for it to be connected for the QM to work in the .NET box and it will reach if it is bent correctly (as it already should be). There is a picture on this web page of the OEM board which shows the ribbon cable connected correctly, http://www.pangolin.com/LD2000/QM2000NET.htm.

If anything, bring it to SELEM and I will check it out. :D

Back