Qs flash cues getting stuck

KevinW

--------
Edit: I've attached a log.
(played cues until one got stuck, then quit QS, so it should be near the end)
--------

Hey guys.

Not sure if this is a bug or computer related, but I'm finding that when cues are set to flash and triggered rapidly, one tends to get stuck in the "on" position until triggered a second time.

Qs 2.1 build 358
Windows 7 32bit SP1 fresh install
Intel core duo, 2Gb ram

I can reproduce this issue using the computer keyboard or midi. I've confirmed that it's not the input hardware... Midi is sending the correct data, and the computer keyboard is releasing the key as it should.

If there is any place I can find logs or debug prints, let me know and I'll send them over. Hopefully it's just something I missed and easy to fix.

Thanks.

--
Kevin

Attachments

• QS_Oct_18_2013_09-25-PM_Part1.zip
    68 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Hi Kevin,

Do you use some virtual machine on Mac? It looks like this.

Log file do not show any obvious error.

Best Regards,

Alexey.

Hey Alexey,

The hardware is a macbook 1,1 however I am running a full copy of windows 7 natively.

No virtual machines or emulators. In fact, there is no mac operating system at all, freshly formatted drive through the windows installer.

Are there any debug tests I can run to try and narrow this down? It's acting as if the program is missing the "off" command. I would have suspected the keyboard drivers, but midi has the same issue, leading me to think it's in QS.

Thanks.

--
Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Build 358 in production more than 3 years, and so far it the first time when appear situation like you describe. The Flash mode is widely used mode, so, ok, everything is possible.

My recommendation - to test on another computer. If you still will see the problem than I will make a special version with logger and check keyboard messages, timing, and QS reactions.

Best Regards,

Alexey.

Hey,

So I finally tested this on a native windows machine (nothing mac anywhere). Same issue, but ONLY after I re-started the computer and then quickshow (so, on the second run). On first run (after install but before I rebooted) it was fine. No stickiness. Then all subsequent runs exhibited the stuck flash cues.

QS V 2.1, Build 358
Windows Vista Business x64 SP1
Intel core 2 quad 2.4Gh
8Gb ram
500Gb hdd

I totally understand how unlikely it would be for this to be a bug, so I think it's likely something I am doing without realizing it.

--
Kevin

Back