record playback window

Cruch

Hi, Is it possible to record the playback window when previewing a show?
If not, can this feature be added sometime?
Neat function to have tho :)

You means the export to .AVI which is only on the basic and pro version of LD2000.

I love that function to but i hope that i can be ordered seperate for intro.

cool! I got pro ;) I will try it out!
I thought this was standard for all versions..

Thanks Dhutten.

Uhm..I tried all codec available in there, still get this error message;

Also tried to follow the help files. Still the same.

I must convert it to avi without sound. Then go to movimaker to add sound.
This way take too long..

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE:
I get sound on my video's but now movie. Just playing black..black..black..black..
No show previews...Strange tho

UPDATE2:
I dont get ANY picture at all. Have tried all codecs without sound.
Still no picture.
I use Windows Vista Ultimate, maby this is an issue?

UPDATE3:
Tried on a Windows XP Pro computer today.
Still same problem. Any ideas?
Now I must convert it without music/sound (uncompressed) This works OK.
Then I import it to Windows Movie Maker and add music. This works, but it is take alot of time.

Hi, Cruch!

I have the same problem when trying to save .AVI with high resolution.

Try following - it is working for me on winXP pro + pro QM card:
Choose a very simple and short graphical animation - about 5 or 10 seconds long, for one Zone only.
Test normal playback, that preview image looks well.
Select Normal quality (not enhanced), if your processor is slower than about 1.5GHz.
Select .AVI output with resoluton 100x100 pixels, without audio.
Save video as Uncompressed.

This should work well. If this works for you, try to improve the parameters and seek for an error.

I'm, adding audio afterwards, when compressing video to .WMV format. It is not so time consuming - for me it takes additional double of video duration, beacuse of Two-pass encoding.

When creating video with high resolution (PAL production size = 720x576), I got the same error as you. Error appears when saving to Uncompressed file. Haven't tried other compressors.
By the way - how much RAM do you have in your PC? this might be a problem...

Aly.

Thanks for the tips! ;D I got 3GB of memory, Intel Pentium 4 3.2Ghz CPU, 1 Terrabyte harddisk and Geforce 6 7800GTS, so there is no problem with the hardware. ;)
I get error on all codecs. But I will try to scale down the resolution and try again

This is really strange! I get the same error message but the movie works ok, with sound.
Tried 100*100
Then 200*200
All works ok with sound and movie now. And I havend done anything else than changing resolution.
Still, same error message. Maby this is an bug?

From your screen shot, I can see that you are using VISTA. One user who is using VISTA reported a problem with AVI export and we are looking into this.

I know for a fact that Microsoft changed how OpenGL works in VISTA, so I suspect the problem might have something to do with the selection on Enhanced Reality Preview.

Regarding sound, well the input sound absolutely must be in WAV format and there might also be some other restrictions. If you can send me the laser show and sound you are using, that might also help us to resolve this problem.

Best regards,

William Benner

PS!!!! Using this forum to report problems really isn't the smartest way to go. We only look at this forum on rare occasions. As stated in another post, for fastest service, send us email directly to: http://www.pangolin.com/contact

You can use exturnal video grabber. I don't remember wich one we use. I'll tell as I will be at work.
We garb video with TV resolution from screen area. No problem. though we have very powerful computers.
Virtual dub (free softvare) encodes 30 minute uncompressed video file in 10 minutes. Or we sometimes encode video on the fly.

Back