shx font

Hi,

shx fonts normally are single line fonts. When using ttf fonts in lasershow designer, you will receive outlines. shx fonts are true single line fonts, like the laser fonts in pangolin.

Tobias

Thanks for the info. Currently we do not support SHX but we can look into this. Is there a source of information on this kind of font, or otherwise a web site where you can download some free font files?

If all SHX font files are proprietary and copyrighted, then we wouldn't support them because of the legalities of such a thign...

Best regards,

William Benner

HI bill:
I can make a new font if I have QM pro , but if I want to make a new chinese font , that impossible in LD2000, so if LD2000 could support chinese shx font ,that is great ! :N

Hi,

With LD2000 version 4.50, we have done a lot of work on the font system. Work has been done specifically for better support of Asian and Arabic fonts, and right-to-left reading order and even partial (i.e. combined) left-to-right, and right-to-left reading order.

If you enter text, LD2000 will automatically "find" a font in the system to support the characters you have entered. So, for example, even if you select a laser stick font (which only had roman characters) and you enter Chinese, what it will do is find a TrueType font with the Chinese characters and give that to you. It's all pretty transparent.

So, not quite SHX, but definitely better than it has ever been.

Best regards,

William Benner

Back