Slight Pauses in Key Effects

Discussion in 'LivePRO' started by Insanity, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Insanity

Insanity Member

Hi,

I am having problems with slight pauses in key effects. If for example I draw a circle and then create a key effect which is a rotation about the Z Axis for 60 units and starts zooming down after 30 units, I get a pause 30 units in.
    So in other words if I have two actions running there will be a very small pause as the second action starts to take effect. This also happens when adding 3rd or 4th actions.

My computer is a Sony Vaio with an Intel Pentium M 2Ghz and 1GB RAM. I am using a QM2000.Net with LD2000 Intro and Live Pro V 4.5 build 1967. All device drivers are up to date using driver detective software.

Thanks
    Mark

2. Pangolin

Pangolin Staff Member

This is the kind of problem where we really have to see it with our own eyes, and experience it on our own computer.

Please make arrangements (by FTP site, shipping a CD, or some other means) to get the LivePRO workspace in question into our hands so we can see what it is that you are talking about.

If what you are talking about happens with the very workspace that we provide, then please send us (by email) a step-by-step instruction of exactly what we must do in order to see the problem. If we can see it, then we can probably fix it.

Best regards,

William Benner

3. Insanity

Insanity Member

Thanks for the reply,

I did some further testing and found the problm is related to Internet Explorer running at the same time as Live Pro.

My laptop has a WLAN interface on the 192.168.2.0 subnet and gets its IP from a DHCP server and connects to the Internet through a router connected to cable broadband. The second LAN interface is connected by cable to the QM.Net on the 192.18.1.0 subnet with a static IP Address and Mask.

If I have Internet Explorer 7 open and run Live Pro, it stutters almost as if there is jitter between the packets going to the QM2000.

Thanks
    Mark

4. Pangolin

Pangolin Staff Member

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the great information. Microsoft has been doing just terrible work lately, what with the condition VISTA is in, and now this about IE7. I sure hope they hire back the great programmers that helped them develop XP. Geez...

Bill