SMS Connecting, but not Sending/Receiving

Discussion in 'Pangolin SMS and Virtual DJ Plugins' started by DoeorDie, May 17, 2013.

1. DoeorDie

DoeorDie New Member

So I'm having issues with my SMS.

I just did a fresh install of the program and modem drivers. The connection wizard completes and has no issues.

The problem I'm having is the test send/receive.

My T-Mobile sim card is active. Modem is good. For some reason it's not sending or receiving mesages.

Anybody else with this problem or might be able to help??

Thank you in advance!!

Specs:

Dell Inspiron N4110
    Samba 75 Modem
    T-Mobile Sim

2. Pangolin

Pangolin Staff Member

The send/receive test would fail under the following circumstances:

1. The SIM is not provisioned for SMS. (It means that your mobile carrier didn't check the box to allow this feature, or they accidentally or purposely deactivated your account.) You might be surprised how often this happens! To tell if this is the case, put the SIM into a regular telephone and try sending and receiving messages.

2. The signal level is too low in the particular area (basement, center of an all-metal building, etc) where you are trying to operate the software. Normally the system will give you a warning about this, either with "Red X" over the signal level indication, or orange status bar.

3. The phone number you entered into the box was incorrect. It means if you tell IMU that your phone number is 1234567, but your phone number is really 2345678, then IMU will send a test message to 1234567 but never receive the message. Check to make sure that the "Subscriber number" entered into the wizard is correct, and don't simply take IMU's word for it if it presents a number to you. The number that IMU may present is the number burned into the SIM card which -- believe it or not -- may not actually be the real phone number associated with the SIM account.

If none of these do the trick, just call our office and we'll check it out.

Best regards,

William Benner