Start a show at a certain time

jb0815

Hello guys,

on new year's day I was struggeling finding a way to start a show in Beyond 5 at a certain time eg 23:55.referring to my computer's clock where Beyond is running on.
The only thing I found was "set start time by Timecode". I tried it by setting it to the time I wanted a show to be startet, but nothing happend. I guess this is related to external time code via another software.
How can I do this without using external software ?

Regards
Peter Krauspe

Hello Peter,

Probably the easiest way is to use the function send2b.exe which you can find here : https://wiki.pangolin.com/doku.php?id=beyond:send2b
and use the command "playlistplay" instead of disable laser input.

Pre-requirements :
- make sure the show(s) are assigned to the right projection zones / bam etc.
- Load shows on playlist.
- activate preload flag on the shows
- enable laser output
- enable show it now on the playlist pane

and wait till the task scheduler starts the show.

Hi Bob,

thank you that‘s a nice tool for multiple purposes. I was thinking about using a similiar method with a little osc sender cmdline tool which could do the job, the pango tool is a bit easier. But everything would have cost too much time in my special situation, having the idea 10 mins before 00:00 :)
But however , for this particular task to start a show at a certain time it would be nice to have such a function on board
beside the abovementioned timecode function.

Have a great new year !

Regards
Peter Krauspe

You could do this: 270748619_2124099801088737_2562522083819842158_n.jpg However, its better to do it from an external application. If windows suspends something for whatever reason, this method can run out of sync.

Back