Timeline music out of sync

stok

Hi
I have a strange effect when I'm using the timeline with audio. I;m using a wave. The wave is show correctly but the audio is not in sync with this wave so lasers are also of sync. This happens when you scoll in the time line.

I have attached a video file with audio where you can hear the exact same parts of the song in two different wave line positions due to scoll of the song. (Sound is not so loud please icrease the volume). First the audio is ahead of the timeline after a small scrol the audio is in sync again.

I have used a .wav file is this correct or are there more wav types? Pleas help this way i can't make a timeline music sync show and big show comming up. Hope you can help.

Thanks
Johan

Attachments

• VID_20191214_225052.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
Hi, Johan!
The file extension itself (e.g. wav) does not actually provide information about the actual audio recording format. Please check that there is no mp3 format with variable bitrate in your wav file. The situation in your video is very similar to that

Hi Igor i will look into the audio file and see if i can create one which gives not this strange behavour.
Thanks already

Hi Igor
I have made a .wav file with fixed bitrate and loaded it into the show. I could scroll, zoom do anything with the timeline and it kept synct. But after 30 minutes it suddently went out of sync and did not get in sync anymore. restarting Beyond helpt and it was all in sync again for at least another 15 min then i had to stop. I really think it is beyond which is loosing it sync. I will try see if I can reproduce it at will so i can pinpoint the problem.

I am having somewhat of similar audio/timeline sync problem as stok.

We are using Cubase as our master timeline and have midi timecode controlling our show and we've been able to make that work so far. With that we have a few problem we'd like to fix that would make programing easier.

First, the timeline timecode and the timecode being sent to Beyond is slightly off. So far it ranges between one second and two seconds. We're still able to program the cues to line up to the incoming timecode but we have to line up the playhead in cubase and then realign the playhead in Beyond to the incoming timecode reading in Beyond, which is shown below the Beyond shoe timecode. Is there a way to get both the Beyond timeline and the incoming midi timecode to lineup?

Second, which might be related to the first problem is we want the option to export a wave file of our show from Cubase and upload it to the A/V track so we can avoid having to go back in forth between Cubase and Beyond to program our laser cues to the master sequence. When exporting the wave file from Cubase and adding it to the A/V track, it's out of sync. It's seams like the sample rate of the audio track is different than the sample rate of the Beyond timeline. It's strange because when triggering the show via the timecode from the master Cubase project, the playhead triggers the cues we programed perfectly for the show.

Is there a way to adjust the sample rate of the A/V track so the music can line up to our cues?

Hope I was able to describe the problem well enough and that you can help!

Cheers,
Nick

First, the timeline timecode and the timecode being sent to Beyond is slightly off. So far it ranges between one second and two seconds...
Hi, Nic!
Have you tried to use the offsets and Beyond filters to adjust the match of outgoing and incoming timecodes?
Please take a look at the attached files.

Second, which might be related to the first problem is we want the option to export a wave file of our show from Cubase and upload it to the A/V track so we can avoid having to go back in forth between Cubase and Beyond to program our laser cues to the master sequence...
What is the sample rate of the wav file that you export from Cubase?

Attachments

• TimeCodeTune.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 20
  • TimeCodeTune2.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 15
  • TimeCodeTune3.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 16
Hi Igor,

Thanks for getting back to my question! We've figured out the problem. The A/V track issue was a user error problem. I didn't realize that the audio waveform visually changes as you zoom in. Once zooming in far enough I found that the track was lining up to the original audio track we started testing with.

Cheers,
Nick

Back