Timeline Show: Add "Effect Line" to multiple Timelines

VexFX

I have a Timeline show that I'm working on, and I would like to have an effect line that applies to multiple laser tracks, as you would do in other software with an effects "adjustment layer"

My cues all need to be on different tracks so transitions and cues flow properly, and I'd really like to avoid setting up 10 effects lines each for an individual track and then have 10 copies of each effect. Seems like there has to be a way to have an effect line apply to multiple tracks, if not, please add that to the product roadmap.

Unfortunately, I don't want the effect on all tracks, just select tracks. I have around 10 tracks, and I'd like 5 of them to get one set of effects, and the other 5 to have a different set. Right now I'm having to manually copy the effects between each track's effects layer, but each time I make a change that's a lot of wasted work/time to update everything manually. Seems like there should be a way to have an effect track group with multiple tracks not just one. I also can't seem to find a way to re-order tracks, which is odd

I don't have BEYOND in front of me, but you can make two Bus tracks. Go into the track properties... set one to Bus A and one to Bus B (I think you can have up to 8 different ones). Then go into the laser track properties and set each one to respond to either Bus A or Bus B as needed.

As for re-ordering tracks, select a track and press (I think) Ctrl-Shift and either up or down arrow.

Cool, I'll look into the bus options. That may do the trick!

Ctrl-Shift worked to re-order tracks, thanks for that! Too bad that is hidden as a keyboard shortcut and not a simple click/drag operation.

Thanks again!

Back