Tracing Video

Discussion in 'LivePRO' started by paulmain, Jan 20, 2010.

1. paulmain

paulmain New Member

Hi Pangolin People,

This is my first post, I have just bought Live Pro and have been messing around with the tracing function. I managed to create some annimation by individually tracing pictures and then putting them on the timeline - this took ages! Would I need to reinvest into a higher spec piece of software/hardware to do this with video, i.e. Live Tracing (like Shadows of people dancing)? Also is it possible to create RASTER images in Live Pro? Again, I can see myself having to spend more £!!!

One more thing, not sure if anyone has ideas on this, are there games that I could run with my current set up? I have a 1.4watt RGB with Live Pro, where would I get these games from?

Thank you People!

2. aricha

aricha Well-Known Member

3. paulmain

paulmain New Member

Thanks!

So from that article I guess I would have to have ld2000 as well as the video card? Which version would I need?

Thanks for your help!

4. Pangolin

Pangolin Staff Member

Are you sure you are talking about LivePRO? LivePRO does not have a tracing function or timeline.

Are you talking about QuickShow?

Regarding what you want to do, it might possibly be done with TraceIT, which is available for free for all Pangolin users, including FB3 users. You can download TraceIT here:
    http://www.pangolin.com/UpdateFiles.htm

TraceIT does include a method to trace video files and then turn them into ILDA and Pangolin files which could then be loaded into QuickShow. However, you might need to involve an intermediate program, because tracing video isn't as easy as it sounds. You will need to apply a "slice" or "threshold" operation in some third-party program to create high-contrast silhouette images which are then turned into laser with either TraceIT or the built-in tracer within QuickShow.

Best regards,

William Benner