Trigger Audio with a cue ?

zerowaitstate

I have recently managed to get Obsidian Onyx working with beyond to trigger cues via the DMX Server option in the zones area of beyond.

I am using the console to build cues that use DMX lights and laser triggered at the same time, I am wondering if there is some portion of Beyond Advanced that can an audio SFX wav or mp3 with a cue ?

I know when build in a show you have audio then lay cues in sync on a time line, but i am not clear if you can then i trigger a show via DMX ?
may be if i have 20 30 shows each with a single laser cue and audio SFX ?

looking for some direction on how this could be achieved

any help appreciated

I have been using the show method to run audio cues, but have run into issue where i have to manny shows loaded Im looking at about 45 + and get prompted to close some shows

My guess is that you open all shows on the timeline panel. There is a limit to that.
The best way to prepare large amount of shows is to put them on the playlist.

There is no limit in shows. There is limit on number of media players. Each media player use decent number of resources. We had version without limit - it lead to problems.

We will consider option to add direct media file playback from a cue in BEYOND 5. Currently we cannot work on this.

Bob has correct idea. Play list allow to load and unload Show files. It is possible to control Play List from PangoScript. Not a short code, but possible. I would use a script-trigger for this However, keep in mind that this is over expected scenarios of use. DMX value may jump up and down, it will cause pretty intensive reloading. BEYOND can handle such load for laser portion easily. However, in case of video files we have DirectX, FFMPEG and multiple threads. This is not as easy as it seems.

I would recommend to consider specialized software (media servers).

Alexey

Back