Trigger Cues With PangoScript Midi Commands from TimeLine

PhillD

Beta Tester
Hi, I just upgraded from Beyond 2.0 V699 to Beyond Advanced 5.1 and I am no longer able to add cues to a timeline if they do not contain an actual laser scene. The reason I need to do this is because I setup Cues in Beyond that ONLY trigger midi command which then triggers scenes inside my DMX software.

Is there a way to re-enable this feature or trick Beyond into thinking there is a laser scene in the cue? Just for reference, My DMX lighting contains 30+ fixtures over 2 universes so that's why I use a dedicated DMX software instead of Beyond.

Any help would seriously be appreciated, I'm trying to program a show right now for Saturday.

Thanks

Need more information to answer! What does the cue (screenshot) contain? Which version is Beyond (Ess, Adv, Ultimate)? What is the release number?

Hi Igor,

I am using Beyond 5.1 Advanced Build 1578

The cue's only contain a PangoScript Command to trigger a midi signal. Here is one of the commands.

MidiOut 0x90, 0x00, 0x7F

When I am in the Timline Editor, I select the workspace tab and select the page with my Midi cue's then I try to click and drag them into the timeline but it's disabled. I used to be able to do this in Beyond V2 V699

I did however find a workaround. If I select the Cues Tab within the timeline editor, I can click add Cue, then, I can go to the workspace tab and locate & copy the Midi cue. Then, I go back into the Cue tab and paste into the New cue that I created. Then, I am able to drag the cue into the timeline. It works but, it takes a lot of steps to do this. it was a lot easier when I could just click and drag from the workspace directly into the timeline.

Let me know if you need any more information.

I don't know if this is significant but, I did export the cues (as an entire page) from Beyond 2.0 and imported them into Beyond 5.1 as a page. I will recreate the steps in your video and see if it works.

Back