Trouble getting UDP Talk Server working

VexFX

I'm tryin to send commands to the UDP Talk server, but so far nothing is working. Any idea what might be wrong?

I'm running the latest build (5.5.0 Build 1955)

Talk Server service is enabled

Proper port is set (16062)

1721710940102.png

Sendig the "SetBpm" command via Packet Sender does not update the BPM

1721711050632.png

1721711158630.png

BPM never changes

Using correct IP, and port.

Is there some other setting in BEYOND that I might need to change for this to work?

Thanks!

Just bumping this to see if anyone knows what may be preventing the BEYOND UDP talk server from receiving commands. I had it working at one point and then it just stopped and has not worked for over a month. I've even tried disabling the Windows firewall just to make sure it's not packets being blocked, and that had no impact.

I had UDP working fine from Bitfocus Companion fairly recently but now it's not working. I'm on the same build as you - maybe something got broken. TCP does work for me. If you're sending within the same computer, you might have more luck with 127.0.0.1 ip address. that's the loopback address.

Just tested with packet sender and it works. See pic

Attachments

• TCP.JPG
    TCP.JPG
    420.3 KB · Views: 7
Just restarted 1995 and it works... who knows what was wrong before but if you're sending within the same machine, use 127.0.0.1

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    474.3 KB · Views: 8
I've tried 127.0.0.1 and also tried other ports, but so far nothing is working. Not sure what made it stop working, but I've tried everything I can think of, and had a couple of my team members look into it as well, with no results.

Back